Coastal Country Retreat
3 Beds • 2.5 Baths • 1595 SF • .18 Acres • 789,000
27345 CA-1, Tomales, CA 94971
Escape to the ultimate coastal country retreat with this 3BR, 2.5BA house in the charming town of Tomales. Situated in a private garden with fresh herbs, sky-high climbing roses, and a hot-tub, this house is perfect for both relaxing and entertaining as a weekend home or full-time dwelling. The combined kitchen-dining area encourages gathering and gourmet cooking with ample cabinets and space for food prep. With a functioning wood-burning fireplace and a spa-like spacious master suite featuring a step-in shower and separate soaking tub, this bright, natural-light filled home is designed to promote relaxation and cozy living.
- Feature: Proximity to some of California's most beautiful coastline Benefit: The ability to dash up to catch a sunset, daily hikes on the coast, seafood and Hitchcock intrigue in Bodega Bay
- Feature: Being rooted in a community of hard-working local farmers Benefit: Seasonal, hyper-local organic produce on every corner throughout most of the year.
- Feature: Life in Tomales--quaint without being overrun by tourists the way Point Reyes Station is. Benefit: Small-town living that feels like time-machine to 100 years ago. Delicious bakery, William Tell House make terrific gathering places. The Inn in town supports visitors
- Feature: Vaulted ceilings in the dining room and entry Benefit: Made the first floor feel extra spacious
- Feature: Beautiful natural light Benefit: energizes the morning, makes everything feel serene and spacious
- Feature: Big kitchen and skylit dining area Benefit: built for gathering and entertaining. 4 people can cook in there at the same time and have plenty of space, and you can stay connected with snacks and drinks at the high-top counter with stools. Makes you want to cook for a crowd
- Feature: abundance of hardwood kitchen cabinets Benefit: tons of countertop space for kitchen gadgets and appliances, as well as plenty of storage space
- Feature: functional layout Benefit: Cosy for guests while still offering plenty of space and privacy
- Feature: Real, wood-burning fireplace Benefit: Extra cosy, effectively heats the first floor, contributes to the feeling of a retreat
- Feature: Hot tub with a privacy fence Benefit: Enjoy the stars on a clear night in the privacy of your own spa experience
- Feature: Spacious Master Bath with separate shower and tub Benefit: relaxing soaking tub and step-in shower ease
- Feature: Spacious master bedroom with charming window alcove and skylight Benefit: charming view of the renowned Stemple Creek Ranch, light and airy feel to the room. Surrounded by farms, the view out the window is so charming, it feels like you're in a nursery rhyme.
- Feature: Partially finished garage with drywall and floor-to-ceiling built-in shelving for storage Benefit: one-car garage doubles its usefulness with the ability to organize storage boxes and gear on the shelves. It has been used alternatively as a space for pets and a meditation studio. Small garage with big function capabilities.
- Feature: Climbing rose bushes and rosemary, mint, oregano in the front garden. Benefit: pop out the front door for fresh herbs while cooking in the spacious kitchen